Monday, September 22, 2008

In London

Greetings from Heathrow! After long flights to Chicago and London, I'm doing well - just don't ask me what day or time it is! Thankfully, I've always been able to sleep on flights. The reality of no cell phone just sank in. I'm not sure when I'll get to update this next, but know that I'm fine and will get in touch when I can. I just met up with Kim, my traveling partner. Both recent grads, we're setting aside the UA/ASU rivalry for our common goal and are excited to leave in a few hours for Dar es Salaam. My carry-on bag, while well under the weight requirement, was too long for British Airways, meaning it's now my second checked bag. Here's hoping nothing critical gets lost...

The National Sidewalk Ministries Conference was the absolute perfect way to leave. Logistically, a bit of a challenge, but well worth it. What an amazing group of people doing great things across the country! I wanted more time with all of you. Billie, I hope you're working on the next one. (Someone please send this address to Cindy K. and Rosemary A. - I meant to before I left and well...) Thank you all for a wonderful few days. Please stay in touch.

We leave London at 7:20pm (It's 4pm now) and arrive in DAR at 7am. Our cross-country bus ride begins at 9:30am and will arrive in Arusha that evening or night. Our orientation begins Wednesday morning. I'm so excited!! Thanks to all you for your prayers, pep talks, and words of encouragement. I'm finally ready.

Much love,
Natalie

No comments: